The nursing team consists of a number of staff members, with various roles in the practice.
Our Practice Nurse does a variety of Treatment Room procedures. These are commonly cytology (smears) and immunisations of various types, and some other medication injections such as Vitamin B12.
The Nurse Associates support the Practice Nurse in Treatment Room procedures, and additionally perform ECGs and other investigations on behalf of the clinical team
Our Health Care Assistant performs a broad range of tasks, and additional competencies are being added to constantly. These include some Influenza Immunisations, most dressings, Health Checks and blood test sample collection.
The Weekday Team
- Ruby Mayne, the Lead Practice Nurse, looking after the treatment room, and manging the Childhood Immunisations and Cytology program, in addition to some of the chronic disease reviews.
- Rebecca, a Nursing Associate, who performs a range of Nurse-lead Health Care initiatives.
- Emily, another Nursing Associate, performs a range of Population Health Management initiatives for our Primary Care Network, focussing on Health Inequalities and Chronic Disease Management for our more vulnerable patients.
- Jane, a Health Care Assistant, doing a range of wound management and health checks in support of the Long Term Conditions management.
- Maddy, the phlebotomist, doing primarily blood tests, and some NHS Health Checks when needed.
The Saturday Team
- Leann, running Treatment Room procedures and Women's Health at her surgery, does this at Bartlemas on Saturdays.
- Maddy does blood tests on Saturdays, together with NHS HEalth Checks for those that are not able to make the weekday clinics.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.