The nursing team consists of a number of staff members, with various roles in the practice.
We have a Nurse Practitioner. This role manages Long Term Conditions such as Diabetes and COPD and is the primary interface with the practice on these conditions. She also does Long Acting Reversible Contraception, both injectables and implants, so please enquire when talking to one of our Patient Care Coordinators.
Our Practice Nurse does a variety of Treatment Room procedures. These are commonly cytology (smears) and immunisations of various types, and some other medication injections such as Vitamin B12.
Our Health Care Assistants have a broad range of tasks, and additional competencies are being added to constantly. These include some Influenza Immunisations, most dressings, Health Checks and blood test sample collection.
The Weekday Team
- Jackie Wain, the Nurse Practioner, who leads the team.
- Ruby Mayne, a Practice Nurse, looking after the treatment room, and manging the Childhood Immunisations and Cytology program, in addition to some of the chronic disease reviews.
- Rebecca and Jane, HCAs doing a range of wound management and health checks.
The Saturday Team
- Paula Bothwell, running Women's Health normally at her regular surgery, brings these skills to Bartlemas on some Saturdays.
- Leann Carnegie, running Treatment Room procedures and Women's Health at her surgery, does this at Bartlemas on alternate Saturdays.